Saturday, May 17, 2008

Blessing in Disguised

I am so thankful that God brought me into this world 28 years ago. I am so blessed with such wonderful friends that God had provided in my life. Being in Bangladesh is a blessing in disguised. Each day of my fours months being here is such a heart ach. Every day in the bus or travelling in a train or just walking few block down my apartment, I see pain, a pain that comes with compassion because I see kids with no arms, no legs, mothers with half off their bodies melted away, young men without arms, legs begging. Sometimes its overwhelming that I just want to close my eyes and ears completely and walk away, sometimes I pray for God to interven in this suituation. However, I am so thankful that I am among this group and I am so blessed to be with them.

1 comment:

Merideth said...

lena,
i too am so thankful that God brought you into the world 28 years ago....and that He has taken you to bangladesh. i'm praying for you as you continue on this path...
love you!