Monday, December 8, 2008

Eid 9th and 10th

So Tomorrow is Eid day. I am running away from the killings/sacrifice. I know I should stay for my first Eid celebration of witnessing the slaughter but I have to go because I just needed to get out of here for a while. So preparation for Eid started three days ago when bucks and bulls on the road. Every street I passed, men with one to three of the mentioned animals walking not giving you way if you are driving so you have to honked from far to warned them of your coming.

So, last night I traveled from Bogra to Dhaka and it took 7 hours...it was one of the longest bus ride ever from Bogra to Dhaka. This is totally because of Eid, there is no other explanation what so ever for the lateness. So today I walked around little and have seen bucks, bucks, bucks and bulls, bulls, bulls...here, there is no restriction of animal in a city, so it just looked like the farm except that the places are surrounded by tall buildings. So most of these animals will give their lives away for the name of Eid.. which I will not see it. Sorry to say but not pics because my camera battery is weak or rather I need to buy new batteries. So the sacrifice will take place only when the Imams will announce the sacrifice only when the lunar cycle is confirm right that is why also two dates picked, because don't know when will it happen. However, the celebration continues for at least threes.

No comments: