Monday, March 3, 2008

Ants in the Sugarbowl

So send I you:
  • to ants in the sugar bowl
  • to things that fly, creep and crawl into the house
  • to uncertain water, sporadic electricity
  • to long hours, sweltering heat, exhausting days
  • to uncomfortable vehicles, crowded jeeps, smelly buses
  • to noisy, early, Early mornings
  • to rice, rice, and more rice
  • to poverty you didnt believe existed
  • to masses of people like you have never seen
  • to know and work with people who have never know comfort

So send I you, and I expect you to adjust.

So send I you:

  • to people who will give to you from their poverty
  • to friends that will embarrass you with their generosity
  • to pastors that will entertain you from their lack, with bounty
  • to hungry, receptive, questioning people who want to know God
  • to study, to teach, to learn from your study and teaching
  • to probe your own motives, values, and beliefs
  • to learn about yourself and the culture that has reared you

So send I you.

Are you going? I'll go with you all the way.

-Elizabeth Givens

2 comments:

Stephanie Cole said...

haha,yes the dreadlocks are fun. they are so easy. i'm glad you are doing a blog now. its good to hear how you are doing and what you are learning.

much love from us to you!

Lena Yual said...

well, iam doing good, but still in my language training which is tough but getting there slowly. thank you for your prayers. oh, theres alot to learn from this society and I am willin gto learn. Well, my love to you all and special one to Tob Star.

Love ya
Lena