Saturday, March 1, 2008

Retreat to Bandarban







It was around 11pm on the 26th of February we left Dhaka for Bandarban a tribal area around in Bangladesh. I am not really good at travelling in a public bus in the night for more than 5 hours but I knew that the best was waiting for me, so me with my great images of this foreign place we started our road ride. In deed I was preparing for this retreat few days a head early. Anywhere, we reached the border area and there we were held for 20 minutes of filling necessary informations before crossing the border. Once we entered the guest house, I was ready for nasta(breakfast). We all haulded at the dining hall for breakfast before settling into our rooms. Not long breakfast was served and I ordered porota and vegetables and omelet, mmm...and that was great. To make it short we were there for three days and we have seen some of Bangladeshes great views especially mountains, rivers and nice people and that has refreshed my mind of these bad images that I have been storing for the past six weeks. I really enjoyed the site seeing, hiking, walking and visiting the villages. The meals were great too. The three days there was really refreshing from all those site seeing but also from the morning part of meditation. My great thank you to those of you that are praying for us who are doing serve work, God bless you all.

No comments: