Sunday, October 12, 2008

lap being a seat

Ok, Bangladesh has good staff happening, but doesnt happen during my travel. Here is another story happened today, on a CNG. Coming form Namuja, I was sitted in the middle back seat guy on my left and women with her son on my right. After traveling for 20 minutes, one of the guy in the front seat was dropped off. Its the custom here that women are not allowed to seat at the fron seat, rather its me that I have seen women sitting at the front seat, because I have sat in the front seat once. So an elder lady walked to the drive to drop them off at the next drop off place. Ok, I am using "them" which I realised three full grown adults later when they came in to sit. So the guy next to my left moved to the front to make space for the lady, and there came one, two and three very elderly ladies. I just opened my mouth, because those of you know how a CNG looks like, yeh, it was packed. There were five full grown adults and a kid of may be 9 or 10 years old on his moms lap. So I made the allowance for the 2nd lady to sit on my lap since there was no space. What a day today.. sometimes thats how crowded I travel. Anywhere, Bangladesh is not that bad, may be... I think there are some good sides of Bangladesh, I am still discovering. So lady and the kid got off later and I had little space to seat but, the lady was sitting on my lap.

No comments: