Monday, October 6, 2008

Very Unusual Stare







Today I went on my normal day as usual to visit one of my regular sites that I visit. I got a rickshaw and went straight to the CNG stand. Found a CNG and waited for two more people before heading. There came in a mother with her two boys and her daughter. As soon as she entered, she started from my toes and up to my clothes, every part of it even the stitched of my shalwa kamizes. Ok, I have been stared and asked questions but this was very unusual. She came to my face and towards my heard/hair. I was wearing my sunglasses and was observing every bit of her facial expressions. So I got out my camera and got some pictures of her to distract her but most importantly I wanted to post it on the web blog. When she was done with the staring she physically moved my head side ways to see my ears and then my nose. Finally she asked the questions that I get every daily move of my life either from men of women; am I married, do I have children. So I answered her questions the same way I answer the others who ask the same question. I said, I am not married and not ready to get married now. She paused for a while and she asked...is it a problem, and my answer was not a problem at all. The reason I am sharing this because people here can do what ever they want to do to you... This was my extreme part of experiencing Bangladesh.



No comments: